Saturday, January 8, 2011

don't change for anyone

    So I was watching a Shane Dawson video and he asked at the end what's something people are always trying to change about you? or something like that and I saw all the comments and it was kinda sad. People said their friends or family were trying to change all this stuff about them. So it reminded me of something that happened when I was in like 6th grade. I was wearing this awesome sparkly belt, it was white with tons of sparkles all over it. And when we went out for recess or break or whatever it was, my two best friends were like "take that belt off, its so stupid," and pretty much just yanked it off me, stuffed it in my backpack and were like, "phew that's better." Then about two months or so later, everyone at school was wearing sparkly belts and they were all over the stores. And one of my friends was even like, "remember when you had one of those and we made you take it off and now everyone is wearing them." Yeah cuz I was a trendsetter bitchezzzzz. I bought two more of them.
    So the moral of the story is that sparkly belts are awesome and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Haha.
But seriously people are bullies, especially from what I'm hearing about school now, I'm glad I'm not in high school or middle school anymore kids are brutal. Don't change what you are, don't try to be what you think people want you to be because there will always be someone who doesn't like something about you or something that you like, it's because everyone is different, it's what makes people unique. And you know what? I'm willing to bet that someday you'll find someone who loves that one thing about you that everyone else wants to change. I used to be soooo worried about what other people thought about me and wanted to fit in and "be cool" and everything. But recently, since I started at my new college I just stopped caring what people think of me. I wear what I want, do my makeup how I want and my hair and I just don't care if people think it's weird, as long as I like it that's all that matters. And it's so relaxing and less stressful to feel that way, and I'm a lot happier. I mean I'm not completely against caring what others think. I don't want to smell bad or look like I just rolled out of bed and I don't want people to think I'm a bitch or anything, but I don't care if they think I'm weird or whatever. But that's all I have to say for today. Peace.
Listening to: A sweet dubstep remix of a Breathe Carolina song

No comments: