Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hunger Games and new ideas

Hey guys. So I finished the first Hunger Games book last night. Don't worry, no spoilers! I got about 85% of the way through (I know using percentages is weird but I read it on my Kindle) and I knew I wasn't going to be able to put it down until I finished. I accidentally stayed up until 2:30 am without realizing it! I absolutely loved this book. I don't quite like the writing style, there are lots of fragmented sentences that don't quite make sense, but with a storyline and character development like this, who cares? At first I wasn't sure about Katniss because she is so unlike other teen heroines, but I quickly came to love her. It is amazing that she can be so strong and tough yet have a loveable side and a vulnerability that makes the reader truly care about her story. I'm also totally in love with Gale and Peeta shhh. ;)
It had a great ending but there was something about the way it ended that I didn't quite like because it left some things hanging, so I ended up immediately buying the second one and devouring it. (I love my Kindle! How else would I be able to get a book at 2 in the morning instantly?) My eyes were flying over the words so fast that I had to force myself to slow down to make sure I was taking it all in. I didn't want to stop but I had to get some sleep. Anyway, I hope I like the second one as much as the first.

So I ended up going ahead and starting the advice column blog. I'm excited about it but I'm also not getting my hopes up about it working because every time I try to start some project I get all excited about it and it ends up not working, usually because no one cares.
I don't know, I'm kind of in a bummed out mood and I'm not sure why. But I like blogging. =) Maybe I'll go cook dinner and then settle in for another read-a-thon. Or maybe I'll take a bath with a Lush Bomb. Oooo, I love Lush bombs. Right now in my stash I have a Fizzbanger, Twilight and Butterball. Hmmm decisions...

No comments: