Sunday, June 19, 2011

Family Time

"So they brought in like 100 strippers from Arizona."
"I guess we have better strippers there?"
"Wait, strippers to drive the cabs?"
"You know what this party needs? A hundred more strippers. We will NOT let this happen again."

I love my family. Ten seconds of any conversation would be the best 10 seconds of your life.

Grandpa's interment was really nice. We were outside, on top of a hill overlooking the ocean shore with the city behind it. The minister was great. My uncles and aunt flew in from NV and TX, a cousin from TX, a cousin and her husband from AZ, a cousin from San Fransisco. Along with those of us from here. The minister read the poem I wrote, I knew I wouldn't be able to read it without choking up and he did a REALLY good job, way better than I could do. I need to work on my reading voice I guess. Everyone complimented me a lot on the poem and some want copies of it, that made me feel good. It's always nice to have your work appreciated and I enjoyed writing it. It was really sad, but I think the fairly large gap between the time he actually died and now made it a little easier, I got all of my crying out before so I was sad, but ok. There were Marines there who gave him a gun shoot salute thing.
Afterward we all went to Grandma's and ate sandwiches and watched the picture DVD that Kenneth and my mom made of grandpa and the family. The next day they all came here and we had pizza. Everybody is gone now and I feel lonely.

No comments: