Wednesday, June 8, 2011

High School and Other Stuff

I live right near a high school and they are graduating today. There are tons of cars parked up and down our street and I can hear all the commotion from the school, cheering and horns going off and random noises. I remember when I graduated I was so excited! We had the senior breakfast and I went with my friend Anthony and he had this really cool book thing. We passed it around to all of our friends for months and when it was your turn, you would write things in it, anything you wanted. Most treated it like a journal, but there was a cd of a song that described a friend's feelings for someone else, letters to each other etc. I spent some time looking through the book (everyone couldn't wait until it was their turn, or at least I couldn't) and then we went back to school to practice the graduation ceremony. Then I went back later for the actual ceremony. My gown was gold, our school colors were brown and gold (I thought it was pretty gross) and the guys wore the brown ones.
My school was so overcrowded, the girl that sat next to me at graduation, I had never seen before in my life. She was nice though and we kept fixing each other's hats because they kept tipping to the side. For some reason I always had this fear that no one would cheer at my graduation and since most of my friends were juniors I thought this fear might come true. I was happily surprised though! I could hear my mom and sister and uncle all cheering for me in the crowd and I could hear some of the seniors as well! That made my day. Plus by the time they got to my name, everyone was getting really excited because we were almost through so they were making lots of noise anyway.
I had always hated school. Hate hate hated it. So I was ecstatic to be finally finished, even though I still had to go to college. I don't really mind college that much. Of course I would rather be finished and doing something else, but there are always at least a few classes that I enjoy and I really try to learn new things instead of just trying to get through it like in high school.
So on Monday I had jury duty. I'm not even going to talk about it right now because it was so horrible and I feel like I want to keep this post positive so I might talk about it later. All of my plans for Monday and Tuesday were ruined. Anyway, last night me and my husband did manage to go out to dinner and it was nice, and then today I went to the farmer's market with my mom and dad. I got a pluot and was so excited (and hungry) that I ate it in the car. I don't know why I was excited about a pluot, but it was goooood. We decided we would go back Saturday with a little more money. I wanted some artichokes and flowers, there were these awesome flowers and they looked so cheerful that I just really wanted them for some reason. It was sunny out and nice and we were down by the beach and it was a pretty good day so I thought I'd share.

To anyone in high school, they all say that high school is supposed to be the best years of your life so make it true. Take chances, do what you truly want to do, make friends, pay attention and do well but make time to have fun. Find out what it is that inspires you, find out what you love. If I could go back I would change a lot of things and take my own advice. But I guess that's how it always is.

No comments: