Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bracelets and Writer's Block

Hey guys. I'm super bored so I went to the craft store and got some embroidery thread to make bracelets! Hopefully they turn out okay. I actually got the idea from Kyle from Breathe Carolina, he was showing me and another girl his bracelets that people made for him and they actually looked pretty cool. Then I found this http://honestlywtf.com/diy/diy-friendship-bracelet/ and decided to give it a try.

So I told Kenneth that I've been having writer's block when it comes to my stories and he said to just pick one, the one that I'm farthest along in and go through, from beginning to end and fix everything in it and finish it. He said I have to finish it by the end of the month and I was like "uhh that's not going to happen, how about the end of the summer?" And he said nope, you have to get used to deadlines. So I just sat down and only let myself work on that one story and forced myself to do it and what do you know, I'm getting a lot done! I don't write in chronological order, I'll get the main scenes and backbone of the story all worked out and then go through and add in details and fix things that don't make sense. For example, I would have someone live in a one-story apartment and then have her be walking up and down the stairs! So I go through and fix things like that. Also, the girl didn't have parents at first so I gave her some. I'm glad to be working on things again.
Sooo that's about it, just a little random thought for today!

No comments: